12/11/08

Phinally

Finally got around to getting photos of my figure drawings. Here's a bunch I have done over the past 5 months or so (not really sure). Figure drawing has always been a big part of my life. honestly Its been what has been keeping me sane through the past few months and is a great change of pace from what I was doing for work. You can always work on something you may be weak at or try something new without any fear. Recently I have been going to an open studio with a few of my good friends and that motivates me even more. So thanx Stacy Pierce, Cat Hupp, Sean Favre, Alex Clare, and Marlo Meekins.





























16 comments:

Danny said...

These are great drawings man. I love how you bring in your caricature techniques and own style into the figure, exaggerating proportions and what not.

Seems like you get some interesting models, I draw at PAFA, that place seems to have an over abundance of unique models.

Emily Byrne said...

They're beautiful and eerie, and very moody.
Hey, I'm gonna come with you guys in January!

Bat said...

You are one fine @zz artist, my man.

Anonymous said...

awesome work man.

KEV said...

dang man these are tight!

Marlo said...

the pregnant guy is pretty awesome

Dominic Philibert said...

Awesome man!!!!
Dig it!!!

Aaronphilby said...

these are sweet and full of saucy and Hugh Grand agrees

A.M.Bush said...

Hi Matt

Aaronphilby said...

i mean hugh grant.

ramanjit said...

hi,
All the best in the New Year!!!

Edo said...

These are great!!! Awesome studies! How fast did you do these?

Zitman said...

Thanks, all are under 20 mins, most shorter than that

Niall O loughlin said...

Was good meeting you again at the con, ye big p**s head!

Nate said...

sweetnessssssss

Andrew said...

Great humorous style! Made me laugh.